The Seguin Education Foundation is:
- A 501(c)3 nonprofit, tax exempt philanthropic organization governed by a Board of Directors comprised of 25 volunteers from a cross-section of business, community, and educational leaders;
- Shares a vision for enhancing education in the Seguin Independent School District;
- Benefits Seguin ISD students and staff by supporting activities not funded by tax dollars; and
- Fosters creative approaches to education through innovative classroom grants.
2018-2019 Annual Update
- An education foundation provides a critical level of financial support for public schools. A foundation is a natural fit for a community because innovative programs and enhanced instruction can only improve the quality of life. As supporters of education, we certainly take pride in our public schools, and we want our students to excel.
- Since 2004, the Seguin Education Foundation has provided almost 300 grants totaling over $600,000. Approximately $60,000 was given in the 2018-2019 school year. The Foundation funds creative teacher initiated projects enhancing instruction and enriching learning.
- In 2018-2019, the Foundation:
- sponsored the 13th Annual Celebration of Excellence banquet, partnering with the Seguin High School Student Council, honoring 50 Seguin High School students and their Seguin ISD educator “heroes;” awarded $5,000 in scholarships; and
- sponsored the 11th Annual Denim & Diamonds, a great fund-raising dinner and diamond drawing which produced a revenue of approximately $35,000;
- Had an Employee Contribution Campaign (Gold Rush) which contributed approximately $22,000 to the SEF
- We provided $50 cash to each new teacher in Seguin ISD to help them with beginning of the year expenses in starting their new classroom.
2017-2018 IRS Form 990