The Seguin Education Foundation:
- Is a 501(c)3 nonprofit, tax exempt philanthropic organization governed by a Board of Directors comprised of 35 volunteers from a cross-section of business, community, and educational leaders;
- Shares a vision for enhancing education in the Seguin Independent School District;
- Benefits Seguin ISD students and staff by supporting activities not funded by tax dollars; and
- Fosters creative approaches to education through innovative classroom grants.
2021-2022 Annual Update
- An education foundation provides a critical level of financial support for public schools. A foundation is a natural fit for a community because innovative programs and enhanced instruction can only improve the quality of life. As supporters of education, we certainly take pride in our public schools, and we want our students to excel.
- Since 2004, the Seguin Education Foundation has provided over 325 grants totaling over $725,000. Approximately $50,000 was awarded in the 2021-2022 academic year. The Foundation funds creative teacher-initiated projects enhancing instruction and enriching learning.
- In 2021-2022, the Foundation:
- Sponsored the 16th Annual Celebration of Excellence banquet, partnering with the Seguin High School Student Council, honoring 43 Seguin High School students and their Seguin ISD educator “heroes;” awarded $4,300 in senior scholarships; and
- Hosted the 14th annual gala, this year featuring a Mardi Gras theme and including a Cajun dinner and silent auction grossing over $68,000 in proceeds;
- Organized the annual school district employee contribution campaign, “Gold Rush”, which contributed approximately $19,000 to the SEF;
- Provided $50 cash to each new teacher in Seguin ISD to help them with beginning of the year expenses in starting their new classroom.
IRS Form 990 for Fiscal Year 2020 (Pending Upload by the IRS)