2016-2017 Annual Update
- An education foundation provides a critical level of financial support for public schools. A foundation is a natural fit for a community because innovative programs and enhanced instruction can only improve the quality of life. As supporters of education, we certainly take pride in our public schools, and we want our students to excel.
- Since 2004, the Seguin Education Foundation has provided over 130 grants totaling over $500,000. Approximately $60,000 was given in the 2016-2017 school year. The Foundation funds creative teacher initiated projects enhancing instruction and enriching learning.
- In 2016-2017, the Foundation:
- sponsored the Eleventh Annual Celebration of Excellence banquet, partnering with the Seguin High School Student Council, honoring 45 Seguin High School students and their Seguin ISD educator “heroes;” awarded $4,500 in scholarships; and
- sponsored the Ninth Annual Denim & Diamonds, a great fund-raising dinner and diamond drawing which produced a revenue of approximately $65,000;
- Had an Employee Contribution Campaign (Gold Rush) and Community Campaign (Fund the Gold) which contributed approximately $15,000 to the SEF