The Seguin Education Foundation is:
- A 501(c)3 nonprofit, tax exempt philanthropic organization governed by a Board of Directors comprised of 35 volunteers from a cross-section of business, community, and educational leaders;
- Shares a vision for enhancing education in the Seguin Independent School District;
- Benefits Seguin ISD students and staff by supporting activities not funded by tax dollars; and
- Fosters creative approaches to education through innovative classroom grants.
Since 2004, the Seguin Education Foundation has provided approximately 130 grants totaling over $500,00. The Foundation funds creative teacher initiated projects enhancing instruction and enriching learning. The Foundation would love to do more!
The Seguin Education Foundation has been created to support the educational programs for both the students and staff personnel of the Seguin Independent School District. The Foundation will provide funds for educational programs and activities, which either have not been funded or have been under-funded by the normal operating budget. These funds will be used to facilitate student achievement and skill development, to recognize and encourage staff excellence and to expand community involvement from individuals, businesses, and civic organizations.
The Seguin Education Foundation generates and distributes resources to enrich teaching, inspire learning, and enhance opportunities for students enrolled in the Seguin Independent School District.
- Encourage all students to achieve academic excellence;
- Support staff for innovative and exemplary teaching;
- Build community awareness for the Seguin Education Foundation; and
- Insipre parents, community and alumni to participate with the school district in enriching education.